Sunday, November 2, 2008

Easing into the "off" season

I do long runs with my friend, Jorge, on Sunday mornings. Last weekend we dropped from 12 miles to 10. This weekend we did 8 miles then went back to his house for breakfast. Oh, how I'm enjoying this much deserved rest...for a while anyway, until I get antsy and have to get back to doing at least a LITTLE work. This month I'll take entirely off, but being on tour will keep me preoccupied enough that I won't even think about training. When I get back I'll start running a little and I think I'm going to hit the weights this winter. Hey, it can't hurt, right? Probably won't start swimming and biking (trainer. ugh.) until January. To everyone who is done racing for the year (which is everyone I know except for Barrett, who ALWAYS races too much), enjoy the downtime. :)

Cheers!
E

1 comment:

JM Huscher said...

does this mean you'll finally start blogging about stuff that isn't boring?

JK