Monday, December 15, 2008

Netflix and a long winter spent indoors

Contrary to the title of this post, I ran outside in a windchill of -20 degrees today.  Yes, outside.  Yes, -20 degree windchill.  I can only stand the treadmill so much, so I'll save those days for when it's icy or when I want to do a little speedwork.

That being said, yesterday I set up the spin bike that Barrett so kindly left here when he moved (because he couldn't fit anything else in his truck) and did my first indoor ride.  It was only an hour, but went more quickly than I remember indoor rides going.  Unfortunately, if Barrett ever comes back and manages to find a way to get that thing home, I'm going to have to shell out the money for an indoor trainer.  On the bright side, I joined Netflix so I will have an endless supply of movies to watch while I'm hammering away on the bike.  Luckily, that won't be too much, since I've decided that we'll be touring too much for me to do my first Ironman next year.  Instead, I'm going to ramp up the running, (attempt to) run through February tour, and try my first full marathon in Lincoln in May.  Planning on getting up around 70 mile weeks for about 3 weeks before I begin a long taper for the race.  I figure some big run mileage will make for a good base and building a big "engine."  

Johnmark and I decided we're going to re-read Moby Dick together.  If you want to be part of the reading/discussion, let me know and we'll figure out how to include you.  I think we're starting on Sunday.

In other news, there is no other news.

Cheers!
Eric

No comments: